Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Five

Hello my lovelies! I hope Friday has been treating you well!

Things that have been going on:

1. I am glad that the work day is over- it appears my lovely fiance gave me an upper respiratory infection, and I'll definitely be glad to get into bed at the end of the day. I am all kinds of achy and full of sniffles.

2. I'm mulling over the following Al Anon slogan:  "What other people think of me is none of my business." This is a radical shift. It says to me that I then have to focus on what I think of me, and what I think of others...which makes me think of shifting the meaning of the word "self-centered" away from the concept of selfishness, moving toward being centered in self.

3. I think I'm going to go to the Carnegie Museum of Art and the Carnegie Museum of Natural History this weekend for some food for my soul.

4. This made me laugh today. A Softer World, you had me at hello. The mouseover on this one is great, too, and it makes me hug my little ball of fur just that much tighter.

5. Here's your horoscope from Free Will Astrology. For the Lovely Leos out there, Rob writes:
I'd love for you to be able to always give the best gifts you have to give without worrying about whether they will be received in the spirit with which you offer them. But that's just not realistic. I would also be ecstatic if you never had to tone down your big, beautiful self out of fear that others would be jealous or intimidated. And yet that's not a rational possibility, either. Having said that, though, I do want to note that now and then both of those pleasurable scenarios can prevail for extended lengths of time. And I believe you're now in one of those grace periods.