Sunday, March 24, 2013

Power in Mystery

Some Rights Reserved by USFWS Pacific Southwest Region
I recently signed up to take a sacred branding class using spirit animals, created and facilitated by the lovely Kelly Eckert. And to be honest, I was somewhat skeptical at first, as I was thinking "Business branding? With spirit animals?" And I know, I know, you all are probably like "You of all people are skeptical about spirit animals?" but yes, even I have my moments.

But...

The class is really wonderful, and I'm getting a lot out of it. We did a guided meditation to find our spirit animal yesterday, and a totally unexpected ally came to me:  Fox. And Fox is really potent energy for me right now, and totally aligned with the changes I am making with my life and my Life's Work.

I keep hearing the phrase "crazy like a fox" in my head. I'm hearing that I need to be able to retreat and withdraw when I need to, to stay at the edges and observe. I am learning that Silence is Powerful, that there is Power in Mystery, and that I don't have to reveal everything. Revelation is something that can't be forced.

So, yeah, spirit animals for business branding - who knew it would work so well? I'm excited to see what the rest of this class will bring.

Are you working with something that is pushing your boundaries or running into your skepticism? How does it feel?