Thursday, August 16, 2012

Time to Get Up!

Whew! This summer is busting my butt! Still, there's not a lot of fodder for complaint. I started a new job this week, though, and I'm working my way through the sludge of "I don't know what I'm doing"s and "I'm totally overwhelmed"s, which doesn't leave a lot of time for my typical navel gazing.

I am present, though...very present to most moments. This week has been an eternity, mostly in good ways. Most everything was (and still is) new this week. I started taking the bus to work every day, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm working downtown, and I'm still getting used to that aspect of my day. I'm in a new office with a brand new office culture, and I'm working to stay in the moment and honor my personal boundaries while working toward excellence. My routine with J has shifted, too - he also changed places of employment, and is working all sorts of different hours during the week.

Life is unpredictable right now, and it feels good. Even the bumps and skinned knees that come with learning a new course feel appropriate and necessary. I feel awake.