Thursday, February 28, 2013

Quotes for Waking Your Inner Badass

Some Rights Reserved by Clover_1
Badass: of formidable strength or skill

I know I have an inner badass. I know this because some deep part of me grows stronger when challenged. I know this because a deep part of me resonates when I experience others living out loud, in a no-holds-barred way. A part of me wakes up that shouldn't have been sleeping in the first place.

I normally loathe Ayn Rand's work (let's just leave it at that.) I did, however, recently come across one of her quotes that, taken on its own and without any Randian context, fills me with badass energy:


"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."


A Few More Quotes for Owning Your Inner Badass:

She's mad but she's magic. There's no lie in her fire. ~Charles Bukowski

Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be. ~Clementine Padford

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~Winston Churchill

Better to live one year as a tiger than a hundred years as a sheep. ~Madonna

Grow up and let anyone try to contend with the adult you. ~Margaret Cho

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish - and feed yourself. He's a grown man. And fishing's not that hard. ~Ron Swanson


Do you have a favorite badass quote? What awakens when you read it?