Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dream a Little Dream with Me

AttributionNoncommercialNo Derivative Works Some rights reserved by Temari 09
"When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate." - Carl G. Jung


"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory


I've been thinking about how we make our own reality...how our expectations and beliefs are mirrored back to us in the world around us. We see what exists...and what exists is a combination of our thoughts and fears, hopes and expectations and everyone else's thoughts/fears/hopes/expectations/beliefs/etc. We are the kings and queens of our own little kingdoms, ruling with wisdom and ignorance, dancing up against other kings and queens, constantly jostled about.

I choose to be as aware as possible of the parameters of my own life manifestations. I choose to dig deeply into my past and look painstakingly at my present. I shine light in dark corners and think critically about my motivations. Anyone who knows me knows that I am serious about self-work.

And yet...others spin around the globe, same as I, that do not choose to live the way I do. Those others choose something different and just as valid. I suppose I could say some others choose "less examined" lives, but it's probably more generous (and accurate) to say they are living "more spontaneous" lives.  Neither choice is better (I'm more sure of that now than ever).

We all walk together, sharing the same world even as we live in homespun realities. Even with all the searching, there are still things I won't see, things that I will "manifest as fate", in the words of Jung. Those that do not search for growth will still grow, will still stumble upon truths, some uncomfortable, some wondrous. Together, we are all Creators.  Together, we dream the world into being.

I'm glad to be responsible for my little piece of the fabric.